PIGMENTO OINTMENT COMPOSITION each mg contains:
Name of Ingredient Latin/ English Name Quantity
Bakuchi oil Oil of psoralea corylifolia 10.0% w/w
Jeeraka Vernonia anthelmintica 3.0% w/w
Chakramarda beej Casia tora 3.0% w/w
Tulsi beej Ocimum sanctum 3.0% w/w
Arishtat beej Sapindus mukorossi 3.0% w/w
Bakuchi beej Psoralea corylifolia 3.0% w/w
Chitrak mool Plumbago zeylanica 1.5% w/w
Khadira twak Acacia catechu 1.5% w/w
Neem beej Melia azadirachta 1.5% w/w
Erand beej Ricinus communis 1.5% w/w
Gairik >>>> 1.5% w/w
Gandhak shuddha Purified Sulphur 1.5% w/w
Washable ointment base q.s.
Immunological attack on the melanocytes and free radical damage are considered to be cause of vitiligo. Psoralea corylifolia the main ingredient of PIGMENTO, stimulates melanocytes to synthesize melanin, the pigmenting agent. Other ingredients do have immuno-modulating and antioxidant properties, and therefore, PIGMENTO is the comprehensive therapy in vitiligo for repigmentation.
Acquired white patches, vitiligo, and leucoderma.
Ointment: Apply 2 times / day in affected areas.
Exposure to sunlight is desirable after ointment application
During therapy, the patients should consume boiled vegetarian food with a minimum of condiments. Curd, sour fruits, foods containing combinations of milk with jaggery and fruits should be avoided during, and for 3 months after therapy.
Ointment: Lamitube of 50 gms
DO'S AND DONT'S
1) Prefer non-spicy food
2) Consumption of vegetables having bitter taste like bitter gourd and bitter variety of drum sticks is recommended.
3) Exposure to sunlight is useful for 10 minutes in a day.
1) 1) Curd, sour fruits and food items containing combination of milk with jaggery and fruits should be avoided during and for three months after therapy.
2) Avoid exposure to heat and sun.
3) Avoid non-vegetarian food items.
4) Avoid incompatible foods like milk and sour fruits.
Information, statements and products on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.