Psora capsule is a herbal formula which is being used successfully for various skin disorders for centuries. It has four important actions viz antiallergic, antibacterial, antifungal and blood purifier. Psora capsule can be prescribed to those, where corticosteroid therapy is contraindicated. It is free from side effects.
Any herbal formula, to get it’s complete and full benefit, one has to have a strict diet regime and follow it religiously.
Following points have to be kept in mind:
1. Fruits with acidic nature like sour cherries, unripe gooseberries and currants are to be allowed only in very small quantities and sweet fruits only in moderate quantity.
2. One should avoid the use of saffron and cinnamon, cloves, pepper, ginger and bitter substances are injurious while under homeopathic treatment.
3. Vegetables causing flatulency should be forbidden in all abdominal troubles and where there is an inclination to constipation and costiveness.
4. Wheat-bread or rye-bread, together with cow’s milk and a moderate use of fresh butter is advisable.
5. Sprinkling chopped raw herbs on soups, putting pot-herbs into vegetables, and eating old, rancid cheese must be avoided.
6. Tea and coffee must be limited in number if at all necessary. But it is best to avoid them.
7. Whiskey and brandy must be discontinued, wine maybe substituted. Beer is also harmful.
8. Tobacco should he limited, if it cannot be stopped.
Diet during Psora intake must strictly be vegetarian and with minimum use of masalas, so as to obtain the maximum benefit of the medicine. The herbs incorporated in the making of the medicine will be more effective if the following points are kept in mind. For the patient having non-vegetarian food with more of masalas, the digestive system weekens and it takes longer time for digestion, so the medicine is not fully effective.