A healthy reproductive system in any man and woman is required to ensure a healthy offspring. Good reproductive health, especially in women, is of paramount importance as any problems in the reproductive health will not only decrease the chances of conceiving but will also affect the emotional well being of the person suffering. An individual’s lifestyle, diet, genetics, pre-existing health issues, medications, etc. all play a role in affecting the reproductive health of a person.
Failure to conceive has become one of the most common reproductive problems suffered by women. The increasing pressures of daily life have made it nearly impossible to follow a healthy lifestyle and diet contributing immensely to this problem.
According to Ayurveda, reproductive health can be maintained only if the reproductive tissues (shukra dhatu, the seventh and the last dhatu), are well nourished and healthy. This in turn can be achieved only if the other six dhatus (rasa- plasma, rakta-blood, mamsa-muscle, meda-fat, asthi-bone, majja-bone marrow) within the body, functions properly and are healthy. The proper functioning of the dhatus depends on a healthy metabolism. Poor metabolism creates an imbalance in the kapha, vata and pitta dosha, leading to accumulation of toxins (ama) and poor nourishment of the body tissues which affects fertility.
According to Ayurveda, the main causes of infertility and other reproductive problems are:
- Hormonal imbalance
- A vata – vitiating diet and lifestyle
- Accumulation of toxins
- Improper management of sexual energy
- Damage to the reproductive tissue
Thus, to achieve a healthy reproductive system, it is necessary to follow a lifestyle and diet that is in sync with Ayurvedic principles. To treat infertility and enhance reproductive health in women, Ayurveda recommends herbs and formulations that balances the tridosha and nourishes the shukra dhatu.
Shatavari is one such Ayurvedic herb which contains many properties that helps in bringing about a marked difference in the reproductive health of a woman.
Shatavari – the way to enhance your fertility
Shatavari, an Ayurvedic herb, has been in use for centuries to treat various disorders of the reproductive system. According to Ayurveda, it contains properties that nourish the reproductive tissues (shukra dhatu) of our body, thus enhancing reproductive health. Its vata and pitta dosha pacifying properties make it an ideal herb to use in combating the various ill effects caused by its vitiation. Shatavari’s numerous benefits have made it one of the widely used herbs for rejuvenating and promoting a healthy reproductive system.
Shatavari’s benefits to women
Shatavari, when taken regularly under the prescription of a qualified Ayurvedic physician, is said to increase the chances of successful conception in couples who have trouble conceiving without causing any known side effects. Shatavari’s benefits include:
- It enhances breast milk production; therefore is given to nursing mothers to increase milk flow.
- Its adaptogenic property helps to protect the body from stressors and is thus very beneficial for women suffering from stress induced fertility issues.
- It supports the proper functioning of the immune system.
- It contains mucilage which protects and lines the mucous membranes of the reproductive tract and uterus.
- It helps to regulate hormones. Shatavari also stimulates the production of estrogen, the hormone required for regulating the menstrual cycle and for promoting sexual and reproductive development in women.
- It tones and nourishes the female reproductive organs and creates a hospitable environment for ensuring sperm motility and conception.
- Its antifungal property helps in fighting yeast infections like Candida.
- Its aphrodisiac property helps increase sexual desire in people suffering from loss of libido.
Shatavari is an ideal herb for increasing your chances of conceiving. It is available in the capsule as well as the powder form. By taking the prescribed dosage recommended by a qualified physician and following the Ayurvedic principles, you can enhance your reproductive health and give your body the ability to create a new and healthy living being without having to resort to costly and painful procedures. Start with Shatavari today and improve your virility and reproductive health the most natural way possible.