Chitrakadi gulika is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. This tablet contains herbal ingredients and salts. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- It is more effective in indigestion related complaints like abdominal colic, abdominal fullness.
- It is specially administrated in the disease called grahani ( malabsorption)
INDICATIONS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Abdominal colic
- Abdominal fullness
INGREDIENTS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||CHITRAKAM||The root of lead wort||Plumbago zeylanica||1part||Carminative|
|2||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1part||carminative|
|3||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1part||carminative|
|4||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1part||carminative|
|5||YAVA KSHARA||Kshara of barley||Hordeum vulgare||1part||Relieves complications associated with constipation, bloating, abdominal fullness|
|6||PIPPALI MULA||Long pepper (Root)||Piper longum||1part||Carminative|
|7||SAUVARCHALA LAVANA||Sochal salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|8||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|9||VIDA LAVANA||Black salt||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|10||SAMUDRA LAVANA||Common salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|11||ROMAKA LAVANA||Sambhar salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|13||SWARJIKA KSHARA||Sodium bicarbonate||1part||Carminative|
|15||CAVYA||Long pepper||Piper chaba||1part||carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and finely powdered. Then it grounded with the juice of dadima (pomegranate) are tablets are made.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Abhyanthara roga marga – diseases of the digestive system
DOSAGE AND USAGE OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
1 to 2 tablets after food twice daily along with lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates digestive problems)
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
CLASSICAL REFERENCE OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Caraka samhita – Grahani chikitsa
EQUIVALENT MEDICINES OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Hingu ashtaka churna
- Hingu vachadi churna
- Panchakola churna
AVAILABLE BRANDS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Kottakkal Aryavaidya sala
- Divya pharmacy
RESEARCH PAPERS OF CHITRAKADI GULIKA
- Evaluation of the role of Chitrakadi Vatiin the management of Bandhyatvas.r to anovulation (as a consequence of unruptured follicle)
- Evaluation of the laxative activity of Chitrakadi Vati, An ayurvedic Formulation in rats
3. Standardization of chitrakadi vati: an ayurvedic polyherbal formulation
- Invitro antibacterial activity of chitrakadi vati.