This contains Mucuna puriens, an herb effective for Parkinsson's disease.
Zandopa is an herbal remedy for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. The product is a water soluble powder sourced from a plant called 'Mucuna pruriens' which contains a natural source of Levadopa.
Zandopa can be described effectively as under:
• Ayurvedic formulation derived from the seeds of
• Mucuna pruriens
• Long history of use in Ayurvedic Medicine for
• CNS disorders & also as a geriatric tonic.
• Richest known source of L-dopa.
• Efficacious in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
• Offers predictable efficacy.
• Suitable for long term use
• Readily bio-available & better tolerated.
• Crosses blood-brain barrier easily as compared to synthetic L-dopa
• Better compliance due to better tolerence or lesser side effects.
• Cost effective
Composition of Zandopa
Each 7.5 gm of the dose contains standardized processed seed powder of Mucuna pruriens in a flavored base. Various analysis shows that mucuna pruriens contains the nutritional value as well. The description of the nutritional value of a dose contains crude protein ranged from 20-29 %, crude lipid, 6-7%, total dietary fiber 8-10%, ash 3% and carbohydrates 50-60%. Several other compounds are found in the seed, including alkaloids.
Mucuna Pruriens which is also known as Cowhage, and velvet bean, contains a very powerful neurotransmitter pre-cursor L-Dopa. It is a reputed remedy of Ayurveda in nervous and sexual diseases. Traditionally, Mucuna pruriens is commonly used as carminative, hypertensive and hypoglycemic agent. Mucuna pruriens has been found to contain L-DOPA, 40 mg/g of the plant. The plant/seeds contain the bioactive alkaloids mucunine, mucunadine, mucuadinine, pruriendine and nicotine, besides B-sitosterol, glutathione, lecithin, oils, venolic and gallic acids. Studies in experimental model show L-Dopa also helps in the reduction of cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Certain points have to be kept in mind so as to obtain the maximum benefit from the dose of mucuna pruriens. They are:
• Store in a cool dry place.
• Protect from light.
• Keep the container tightly closed.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Not to be taken with milk.