Kachuradi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the head. This medicine is in the form of herbal powder for external application.
BENEFITS OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- This medicine used in the management of diseases of the head ( shiras).
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as lepanam.
INDICATIONS OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- Vascular headache
- Burning sensation of the scalp
INGREDIENTS OF KACHURADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||KACHURA (SHATI)||Curcuma zedoaria||1 part||Beneficiary effect on the digestive system|
|2||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||1 part||Reduces pain|
|3||BALA||Sidacordifolia||1 part||Balances vata dosha|
|4||HINGU||Ferula asafoetida||1 part||carminative|
|5||MUSTA||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|6||MANJISHTA||Rubia cordifolia||1 part||Effective in skin diseases|
|7||USHIRA||Vetiveria zizanioides||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|8||KARPURA||Cinnamomum camphora||1 part|
|9||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra||1 part||Rejuvenator, beneficial effect on eyes|
|10||AMALAKI||Emblica officinalis||1 part||Rejuvenator|
|11||KUMKUMA||Crocus sativus||1 part||Rejuvenator|
|13||ROHINI||Andrographis paniculata||1 part|
|14||TINTRINISIRA||Tamarindus indicus||1 part|
|15||ROCHANAM||Mallotus phillippensis||1 part|
|16||LAJA||Oryza sativa||1 part|
|17||JALA||Coleus zeylanicus||1 part|
|18||PUSHKARAMOOLA||Inula racemosa||1 part||Effective in respiratory diseases|
METHOD OF PREPARATION OF KACHURADI CHURNA
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA OF KACHURADI CHURNA
Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of kapha, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – pain in and around the head
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
madhyama roga marga –headache
DOSAGE AND USAGE OF KACHURADI CHURNA
External application on the forehead along with breast milk or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Oil massage on the head is advised.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration may lead to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application on the head is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit -forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
CLASSICAL REFERENCE OF KACHURADI CHURNA
EQUIVALENT MEDICINES OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- Shatbindu tailam used for headache as nasal instillation
AVAILABLE BRANDS OF KACHURADI CHURNA
- Kottakkal aryavaidya sala