Aswagandhadi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. This powder contains only herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF ASWAGANDHADI CHURNA
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
- It is more effective in indigestion related complaints like abdominal colic, abdominal fullness.
INDICATIONS OF ASWAGANDHADI CHURNA
- Abdominal colic
- Burning sensations
- Hot flushes
- Urinary disorders
INGREDIENTS OF ASWAGANDHADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|2||SUNDI||Dried ginger||Zingiber officinalis||Carminative|
|3||KACHURA (SHATI)||Curcuma zedoaria||Beneficiary effect on the digestive system|
|4||RASNA||pluchea lanceolata||Balances vata|
|5||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||Carminative|
|6||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||Carminative|
|7||ELA||cardamom||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|8||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Effective in cough|
|9||TWAK||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||Effective on indigestion|
|11||JATAMAMSI||Spikenard||Nardostachys jatamansi||Action on the central nervous system|
|13||MUSTA||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|15||BHARNGI||Clerodendron serratum||Antipyretic action|
|16||JEERAKA(AJAJI)||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||carminative|
|17||TALEESA||Abbies webbiana||Balances kapha vata|
|18||KAIDARYA||Bergera koenigii||Antibacterial action|
|20||KATUKI||Picrorhiza kurroa||Antipyretic action|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
abhyanthara roga marga – digestive diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
3 to 6 gms before or after food twice daily along with ghee, honey, milk or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an Ayurveda doctor.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Hingu ashtaka churna
- Hingu vachadi churna
- Panchakola churna
- Ashwagandha Tablet
- Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasala
- Dabur India
- Divya pharmacy
- An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda
2. Studies of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera Dunal)