Dasamoola Rasayanam is an effective Ayurvedic medicine for acute and chronic upper respiratory tract infections. This is a traditional Kerala Ayurveda preparation and the reference is in the classical text book Sahasrayoga ( Ten hundred Preparations). This is presented as a herbal jam in Jaggery (Sugar Cane) base.
Indications and benefits of Dasamoola Rasayana
Productive and non productive cough.
The preparation is very effective in respiratory ailments by increasing the digestion, relieving the phlem and clearing the respiratory tract. It’s anti inflammatory and bronchodilator actions are very useful in the treatment.
It is also used in the treatment of following ailments or diseases
– Upper respiratory tract infections.
– Head ache.
Other Ayurvedic medicines used along with Dasamoola Rasayanam.
Dasamulakadutryadi qwath tablet, Amritottaram qwath tablet, Amritarishtam, Vasarishtam, Kanakasavam, Agasthya Rasayanam, Haridrakhandam, Karpuradi Churna, Vyoshadi vatakam, Talisapatradi Churna, Talisapatradi leham
Dasamoola Rasayanam Ingredients:
Dasamoola – ( Ten roots)
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna seratifolia
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishniparni – Pseudarthria viscida
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Vrisha – Adhatoda vasica
- Shunti – Zingiber officinalis
- Jiraka –Cuminum cyminum
- Dhanyaka –Coraindrum sativum
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Bhadra – Aerva lenata
Fine Powders of
- Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and dried ginger
- Jati –Myristica fragrans
- Twak –Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Kumkuma –Crocus sativus
- Jiraka – Cuminum cyminum
- Krishnajiraka – Nigella sativa
- Pushkaramoola – Inula racemosa
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Ela –Elettaria cardamomum
Dasamoola Rasayanam Dose:
5 – 7.5 grams two or three times a day after food or frequently in small doses or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 –4 grams, twice or thrice a day, along with honey or arishta.
Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age 4- 5 grams twice or thrice a day along with honey or arishta.
There are no side effects if taken in prescribed dosage. Over dosage will cause gastric irritation and acidity.
Please avoid dairy products, refrigerated and fried food. Use of non-vegetarian only after a consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor.
Aryavaidyasala, Kottakkal, Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala, Kerala Ayurveda, Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates.