Anand bhairav ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever, digestive disorders, and respiratory disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
- This medicine used in the treatment of different kinds of fever
- It is also effective in fever associated with digestive problems like diarrhoea
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- Usually, non-infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
- This medicine is effective in respiratory diseases like cough and breathing difficulty
- It is also used as a treatment remedy for epilepsy.
INDICATIONS OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
- Jwara – fever
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Atisara – diarrhoea
- Grahani – irritable bowel syndrome, sprue
- Apasmara – epilepsy
- Prameha – diabetes
- Ajeerna, vahnimandyam – indigestion
INGREDIENTS OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||HINGULA||Purified Cinnabar||1 part||Fast relief from symptoms|
|2||VISHAM||Aconitum ferox||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|3||TANKANA||borax||1 part||The beneficiary effect in the respiratory system|
|4||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|5||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|6||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|7||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1part||Beneficiary effect on respiratory diseases.|
|8||JAMBEERA||Lemon juice||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
Purified hingula, purified visha, sundi ,maricha, pippali, purified tankana , purified gandhaka are taken in equal quantity and triturated to obtain homogenous mixture. This mixture further grounded with juice of jambeera . Finally tablets are made in the size of 125mg.
- Purification of hingula – powdered hingula grounded with juice of ardraka (Zingiber officinale)
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
- Purification of vatsanabha – by using cow’s urine
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated 7 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the respiratory system and digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
125 mg (1 gunja) after food once or twice daily along with honey or fresh ginger juice or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA OF ANAND BHAIRAV RAS
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage, calms the mind
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to a cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic ( Western Medicine) medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Tribhuvan keerthi ras
AVAILABLE BRANDS of Anand Bhairav Ras
- Divya pharmacy
- ShreeDhootapapeshwar Ltd
RESEARCH PAPERS of Anand Bhairav Ras
- Evaluation of Physio-chemical and Antipyretic activity of Ananda Bhairava Rasa
- Antimicrobial properties of anand bhairav ras and its ingredients: an overview