Amarsundari gulika is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of a broad spectrum of diseases including respiratory disorders and gastrointestinal disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the respiratory system.
- It is also effective in hemorrhoids.
INDICATIONS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Sula – Abdominal colic
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Pratisyaya – rhinitis
- Apasmaram – epilepsy
- Mandagni – indigestion
- Arsas – hemorrhoids
- Anaha – abdominal fullness
INGREDIENTS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified Mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|4||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1part||Carminative|
|5||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1part||carminative|
|6||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1part||rejuvenator|
|7||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1part||rejuvenator|
|8||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||1part||rejuvenator|
|9||ELA||cardamom||Elettaria cardamomum||1part||Balances vata and kapha|
|10||CHITRAKAM||The root of lead wort||Plumbago zeylanica||1part||Carminative|
|11||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||1part||tonic and rejuvenator|
|12||PIPPALI MULA||Long pepper (Root)||Piper longum||1part||Carminative|
|13||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1part||Effective in worm infestation|
|14||MUSTA||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||carminative|
|15||VATSANABHA||Aconitum ferox||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|16||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||1 part||Effective in cough|
|17||TWAK||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||1 part||The beneficiary effect on respiratory diseases|
|18||NAGAKESARA||Mesua ferrea||1 part||carminative|
|19||AKARAKARABHA||Anacyclus pyrethrum||1 part||Balances kapha and vata|
|21||NIRGUNDI||Vitex negundo||1 part||Balances kapha and vata|
METHOD OF PREPARATION OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with the rest of the drugs and tablets are made.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis), root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated 7 times.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel, and the decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Purification of vatsanabha – by using cow’s urine
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta , kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –digestive problems.
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
Abhyanthara roga marga – respiratory diseases, abdominal colic, and madhyama roga marga – epilepsy
DOSAGE AND USAGE OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
Take 1 to 3 tablets after food once or twice daily along with water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor
EXERCISES AND YOGA OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage, calms the mind.
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
CLASSICAL REFERENCE OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Rasatantra sara va sidhaprayoga sangraha
EQUIVALENT MEDICINES OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Swasa kutar ras
- Kasa kutar ras
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Agastya rasayan
AVAILABLE BRANDS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
RESEARCH PAPERS OF AMARSUNDARI GULIKA
- Evaluation of the Efficacy of Amarsundari Vati (Tablet) and Caroverine hydrochloride capsule in the Management of Cochlear Synaptic Tinnitus
- Antimicrobial activity of water extracts of trikatu churna and its ingredient
3. An experimental study on the antidote effect of maricha (Piper nigrum Linn) kashaya in vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) induced toxicity
4. Evaluation of toxicity of ‘Vatsanabha’ (Aconitum ferox, Ranunculaceae) Before and After Shodhana
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
6. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats